Monday, June 14, 2010

Nyonya Rice Dumpling (Nyonya Bak Chang)

Duanwu Festival (端午节) is coming.
For more information/ origin story about the festival, kindly visit here.

Every year grandma will make our favourite--Nyonya Rice Dumpling (Nyonya Bak Chang)

Obviously, Nyonya Rice Dumpling is made by the Nyonya-s from Melaka.
But, my grandmother is not a Nyonya.
(I'm a pure Chinese okay~!! People always mistaken that ladies who were born in Melaka are "nyonya". )
I guess she learns it from her Nyonya friend long long long long ago. XD
Because I have been eating it since I was small.

Nyonya Rice Dumpling half of it is blue in color.
And thank God, the blue color is completely NATURAL coloring.
It is the coloring from "Blue Flower".
No artificial colours added.
p/s: I will add the flower pics soon. >_<


The outer look of Rice Dumpling.

Nyonya Rice Dumpling


The stuffing. :D


You will never resist the temptation of Rice Dumpling!!! :D


This is another type of rice dumpling, made by my grandma too.
We call it "Kee" chang.
It's tasteless. You need to dip it with sugar, kaya when serving. ;)

Look at my cutechicken bowl!!! :D
Imma love it! ^^


0 comments: